hercules area launch site

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
steve goble
Joey
Joey
Re: hercules area launch site

Post by steve goble » Wed May 06, 2009 6:36 pm

I drove down Pacific there is no parking to the west of the marina and the marina doesn' look that inviting. I'm going to try the end of Sycamore St. And if that is no good I'll try Point Pinole. Can you drive out the point to the water?

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Wed May 06, 2009 7:00 pm

nope 1 mile walk to the beach from the parking lot at pt pinole

steve goble
Joey
Joey

Post by steve goble » Wed May 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Yes that's what I thought. The waste water treatment plant looks like good access, but I just have a hard time getting in the water so close to it. I'll let you know how I do, thanks for all your help. See you all at Sherman on the weekend I hope!!! :shhh: :shhh:

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu May 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Lord knows we need a few more kite spots in the Bay to keep up with the growth in our sport. Seems like that area works on several different directions of wind.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

dpca10
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by dpca10 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:53 pm

I've scoped point pinole out as well. The only problem is there is a firing range aiming up over the water towards the point. They are shooting skeet with shotguns. Anyone want to venture what the safe distance would be? I wouldn't want to break down and drift into the range either. I'm pretty sure the rod and gun club has enough clout to get kiting banned if people wound up floating in their firing range.

jrg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jrg » Mon May 11, 2009 9:16 pm

I drove down Pacific there is no parking to the west of the marina and the marina doesn' look that inviting. I'm going to try the end of Sycamore St.
Sounds like things have changed, but just in case I mapped where we used to park and windsurf.
Attachments
Rodeo.jpg
Rodeo.jpg (71.35KiB)Viewed 2006 times

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Thu May 14, 2009 10:19 pm

I cant open picture? I drove down pacific over tracks took left down to a park with 1 outhose an 1 picnic table there was room for 2 cars on the side of the road, one was there, people hanging on picnic table.Lots of grass and a small beach at low tide for launching there was plenty of wind, but i would not leave my car there very long if at all. there is a boat repair place to the right after bridge i would ask them to park in there lot.
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils