40% off all kite gear

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
jupitersup
Joey
Joey
40% off all kite gear

Post by jupitersup » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:33 pm

I stumbled across a dive/surf/kite shop in San Carlos across the street from REI and found they are blowing out all their kite gear at 40% off as they're not planning on carrying it any longer. Found myself a $100 Dakine Tabu for $65 out the door.

Saw a few kites on Weds 23rd, two more harnesses and some other odds and ends. Don't remember seeing any boards but there might have been.

Cheers!~!

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Re: 40% off all kite gear

Post by Yoda » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:29 pm

The shop's name is AQUAN SPORTS... http://www.aquansports.com
The last time I was in there they had products from North, Ozone and I think Cabrinha. They also had Dakine harnesses and some kite related accessories.

That's too bad they didn't have any sucess in the Bay with all the kiters out there. I guess now's a good time to help them out and purchase up their inventory while it's cheap. :wink:

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:50 pm

yeah, it was a cool shop, but they really didn't do anything to promote themselves. 90% of the kiters at 3rd (which is very close to that shop) don't even know that shop exists. kindof hard to sell gear that way.
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

davidllyon
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by davidllyon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:10 pm

It seemed like they didn't really restock kite gear after last year, and last year seemed down from the year before that, from what I recall. I bought my first kite and board there, and some other gear.

kingfisher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kingfisher » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:28 pm

I stopped by today to check it out. They had mostly all north kites, vegas, rebel, rihno. Mostly old stuff, 07-08. Tried to get them to match an online price that I found and they wouldnt do it. I wanted to support a local store but its still a far better deal buying online. The online price was a few hundred $ less then what they were asking. Sorry but I rather save the that few hundred. Also they did have boards also. but again mostly North

robotvox
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by robotvox » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:35 pm

I went and checked it out too. Like kingfisher said, they are not too competitive on the old kite prices, but their list price for the go-pro helmet hero wide at 189.99 plus tax matched the internet, so now I have a new toy!

steve
Regular
Regular

Post by steve » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:05 am

check out HELM..they have some KILLER prices on some NEW 2009 stuff!!!!!!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:49 am

If people want Slingshot gear, such as the new Octanes, they can get them at L2K of course, but will they be available at Helm also for the south bay folks?

kingfisher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kingfisher » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 am

This is kind of off topic, but how many retail shops are there in the bay area? Were are they? And what do they carry? I've been to both the Live2Kites now and that aquaNsports. Also been to Sheldons in Rio Vista. Like I said I would perfer to support local shops if their prices are at least close to online prices.

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:45 am

shops off the top of my head:

live2kite (marin and alameda)
helm
boardsports (alameda and coyote pt)
kitenaked.com
bayareakitesurf.com
norcal surfshop

pretty much any of these should match online prices and supporting your local shop is the way to go. if/when something breaks, it's an awful lot easier to deal with a shop than some website across the country.
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets